Tuesday, October 24, 2006

That's Why, I Say...


In a week where I had a show date fall apart, I had my people sell me out on some other shit, family act like they were stuck on stupid, one person didn't do what they were supposed to to while another person did some other shit outta left field and then turned around to tell me that tha whole shit was my fault, I had the pleasure of watching my Dallas Cowboys getting their asses handed to them by the New York Giants on MNF

That being said, I'm sure you can understand why I have this look on my face, shit its only Tuesday.

The Mercury Retrograde hasn't even started yet and already about 75 percent of my world is turned upside down. Am I complaining? Nope. You know why?

I had a few days of solitude this weekend whch allowed me to refocus. My conclusion was something like that song from tha Dave Chappelle show with the Sesame Street sketch.

Thass why, I say... Fuck it

One thing about indifference, it's quite liberating. Becoming indifferent allows you a freedom that normally you would not have. The trick to being indifferent is knowing when to be indifferent to the bullshit. You don't wanna become totally indifferent to everything because once you decide to stop, you risk finding your situation even more dire, but it does allow you a brief reprise from the everyday stress. Work, friends, family, fuck it. It'll be alright. Trust me on this

Really.

Another thing I've found about being indifferent, you'd be surprised how many things work themselves out. I'm enjoying the new practice of turning my phone off for extended periods of time. This is a trick I learned from someone who would do this and leave me having to deal with fixing all of the problems that he could not be reached to fix.

But then I learned how to cut my phone off too...

It was beautiful.

My advice to you during this upcoming retrograde is to play it cool, let shit go, and dig yourself into your work. they say you are not supposed to start anything new during a retrograde so this time I just intend to have as much fun as possible.

Doing what you ask? Just being indifferent.

Priest Forever

No comments: