Friday, December 22, 2006

30 Days (originally posted Dec 1)


Question: If you had just one thing about yourself that you wanted to change, and If you had 30 days to focus on it what would it be?

Someone once told me that it takes 30 days to make or break a habit (and no it was not Morgan Spurlock) Like anyone else who has taken a long hard look at themselves and wanted to change a thing or two, I gave this concept some serious thought. There are a couple of things I would like to change about myself and I decided to give them some serious examination

I'm not talking about anything superficial like my looks or anything, I'm talking about breaking cycles and bad habits. This is more serious than any new year's resolution bullshit, this is about self examination and discipline. How many cycles do you carry? Are your actions based on habitual behaviors, or are they really necessary routines that reflect your current life situation?

I know I carry a lot of things with me from my past so I have decided to conciously try and let go of a few of them. Which things I will be letting go of I haven't decided yet, but I will be letting them go. I've actually let go of some of the people around me and although it wasn't easy, I made it thru to find situations that were better for me. Now I'm kinda anxious to see what else I can get rid of. Old beefs (Hell NO), the usage of the N-Word (probably not), my paranoia (Never!!) I'm thinking though, maybe I am giving up my fear of change and thass a good thing no matter what.

I can say that I am happy, and some parts of me haven't been that for so long that I didn't even realize I WAS unhappy. That being said, for the next 30 days, I am going to take some steps toward my self improvement. I'm going to take them one day at a time and allow myself to make mistakes in the process. I'll keep you posted on how it goes...

In the meantime, If you had just one thing about yourself that you wanted to change, and If you had 30 days to focus on it what would it be? Tell me, I'd like to hear from you so holla back.

Priest Forever

No comments: